It is quite simple to reset the Chromecast to its factory settings whenever you come across any problem. This device was invented by Nifty and the purpose of this device is to cast the content from any local media source onto the TV screen.
More often, this device functions seamlessly without any problem, but like other electronic gadgets, it is not free from flaws. Your device may freeze or stop responding all of a sudden. In such cases, you can restart the device or resort to other options.
Resetting the Chromecast to the factory default will help in fixing most of the serious issues encountered on it.
Now, we are going to discuss the two simple methods for resetting the Chromecast. Both methods will hardly take few minutes to bring the device back to its normal operation.
How to reset the Chromecast from the device?
- From the Chromecast device, search for the reset button given next to the ports. You will have to press the button for 20 seconds or until the flashlight begins.
- Disconnect the power supply from the USB port and wait for some seconds. Before connecting the device again to the power supply, check if the process of reset has been completed or not.
- Start configuring the Chromecast again from scratch.
How to reset the Google Chromecast through the Google Home app?
- From the mobile phone or tablet, open the Google Home app by clicking on the icon given on the home screen.
- From the bottom right corner of the screen, go to the ‘Account button’ which looks similar to the ‘head and shoulder of a person’ appearing on the stick.
- Click on the option which says ‘How many devices are connected to the internet right now’.
- After getting the list of devices, click on the ‘Chromecast’ you want to reset.
- From the top right corner of the screen, go to ‘Settings’ and over to ‘System settings’.
- Tap on the three dots given on the top of the screen to reset the device. This will hardly take a minute for the device to get reset.
- Click ‘Reset’ and click again to confirm the move. This will delete the whole data from the device memory.
- This must be noted that the latter method of reset is applicable only if the internet is still available on the device on which you are going to perform the reset function. If the Wi-Fi is not available, you will have to implement the first method only.
In this manner, the device can be reset and all the problems happening on it will definitely get resolved after this step.