The primary function of the Chromecast factory reset is to clear all data and resolve the problem if any encounter it. So, if you are facing any problem in using your Chromecast device, then you can perform the factory reset function by implementing the steps mentioned in the post. Yes, if you have any queries or doubts, you can ask experts.
Good news for all those users who are using the obsolete version of the Chromecast media player. The Google company has released a new updated version of OS for all players by downloading which the users can enjoy the latest features and fix the previous bugs. However, there are some users who are facing problems after updating the device.
This is no doubt a matter of concern and needs to be solved as early as possible but users find it difficult to solve the same on their own. The only solution which they are getting from online sources is’ to delete all files from the system. This solution is the best of all solutions.
To start with the resetting process, you need to follow some steps which are mentioned here as under:
How to perform a factory reset from the new Chromecast?
- Open the home menu and click on the ‘Chromecast’ or ‘Google cast’ app. If it is not available on the phone, then you can download it from the android store.
- Go to ‘Settings’ followed by the ‘Main menu. To open the menu, click on ‘3 horizontal lines’ given in the center of the screen.
- Click ‘Factory reset’. You will find this option in the end.
- Confirm your details. If the Chromecast you are going to reset is different from one that is creating a problem, then check the name first.
- Performing hard reset: To reset the device, press the ‘Reset’ button from the back of your device and wait for 5 minutes to turn it on again.
How to reset older models of Chromecast?
- Launch Chromecast from your computer by clicking on the ‘Desktop’ shortcut of the app available on the screen. If no such option is available, check and go to the ‘Control panel’.
- Open ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Chromecast’ name. If only one device is connected to the phone, then you will find it easier to reset.
- Click to factory reset: This step is preferred only if the other steps are not functioning on your device because the factory reset will delete all the files from the Chromecast.
- Click ‘Reset’ to confirm it. When you reset the device, all the temporary, as well as permanent data from it, will get deleted. If the reset function doesn’t work, then you can ask experts.
- Press the back button: You will find the black button given on the back of your Chromecast device. This button is for resetting the device to defaults. When you click this button, all the data will be deleted. You need to set up the Chromecast again on the network. Try playing the content again. You will be able to play the content without any problem.