Google’s Chromecast is amongst the initial streaming devices to roll out into the market. A highly compact or you can say, flash drive look-alike device, Chromecast found its way into the homes of millions of people in no time because it had a large repertoire of content and attractive pricing, which lured people. In case, you are using Chromecast and dealing with a couple of issues, such as Chromecast not found or screen mirroring issue, then here is how you can deal with those.
Chromecast not found – Mac
In most cases, it’s because of the firewall that Chromecast cannot be found. Then do the following:
- Open “System Preferences” and navigate to “Security” and then to “Firewall”.
- If the firewall is activated, you can open the “Firewall Options”.
- Deactivate the function “Block all incoming connections”. Then restart the Mac.
- The point “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections” does not show an entry in Google Chrome when activated. If this option is not activated and there is still no entry, you must add one.
- Click on the “+” symbol and go to the “Programs” folder, go to “Chrome” and select the entry.
- Save all changes and restart the Mac.
Chromecast not found – Windows
Check in the Network and Sharing Center whether your network is entered as “Public Network”. If this is the case, change it to “Home network”. Restart the computer and see if Chromecast can be found.
With the first problem, i.e., Chromecast not found being solved, the next problem that we will be providing a solution to is ‘Chromecast screen mirroring not working’. If you want to know how to fix this problem, keep reading.
Chromecast screen mirroring not working: causes
You can use your Android device to broadcast a screen to a TV that has a Chromecast device. Both tablets and cell phones are suitable for this. It is essential for a successful transmission that both devices are connected to the same WLAN.
Screencasting doesn’t work on Chromecast: it could be due to a number of reasons.
You can transfer the screen of an Android device to a TV using Chromecast. To do this, both devices must be connected in the same WLAN. You can transfer, for example, the Google Photos app or YouTube. A lack of internet connection or different networks is the most common error for a screen transmission that does not work. It is also possible that missing updates on your smartphone can cause problems.
This is how you can fix the problem
- Check the internet connection. Both devices must be connected to the same WLAN.
- You may need to reconnect the Chromecast to Wi-Fi.
- Check whether there is a system update and carry it out if necessary.
- Check the Play Store for updates to the app you want to use to screen share.
- Chromecast reset: Help all the other instructions not, can help the counter Activate the factory settings Chromecast.
If none of the steps help you, your Chromecast may be defective. In this case, contact the manufacturer or the shop where you purchased the device.For more information go to Chromecast Setup PC.