We provide help and support for Google Chromecast, so if you are using this device and want to enjoy your favorite shows and movies even outside of the home, then you can follow the steps given at Cromecast com setup website or call us at our toll-free number.
Does Chromecast need an introduction? I think no because we all know what Chromecast is and what it is capable of. Chromecast is a Wi-Fi media-streaming device by Google that plugs into the HDMI port of the TV.
In order to use Chromecast support, one must set it up in the right way. If you are carrying the device along on trips, then you will have to run the initial setup in each location because of the new Wi-Fi network that you will get to connect the device to the internet.
If you already know this and want to bypass that initial setup process, then you need to pay attention as to what follows next.
You need Connectify Hotspot as that can help you connect and save time by acting as a medium between your Chromecast and internet connection (regardless of what it is). You will have to run the setup once and that’ll be all. No need to run it again and again.
There are two limitations while setting up Chromecast Setup App that you must know:
- Confusion can exist in the Google Home app if it is running on a computer that is already running Connectify Hotspot. However, you can overcome this issue by using your phone or tablet to run the setup utility.
- Google Chromecast’s original version, i.e., version 1.0 doesn’t support 5 GHz Wi-Fi, so if Connectify Hotspot is used to share the wireless network that runs on 5 GHz, then the hotspot is going to shift to 5 GHz. Moreover, there will be a warning given by the hotspot user interface and Chromecast will also not be able to find the network. Apart from this situation, Hotspot is going to use 2.4 GHz and is going to work perfectly with Google Chromecast.
If you want to know the steps to Chromecast set up with Connectify Hotspot, then here are those:
- You need to create a Wi-Fi hotspot with Connectify.
- Once you’ve done that, you need to join the Wi-Fi hotspot that you have created with your smartphone or tablet.
- Connect Google Chromecast to TV and run Google Home setup utility using your smartphone or tablet.
- Follow all the prompts until you get to the Wi-Fi setup screen.
- You need to select your Wi-Fi hotspot as your network and then, enter the password followed by clicking the ‘Set Network’ button.
- Google Chromecast is now going to be connected to the hotspot and with that, you are all set to cast.
Keep in mind that these steps are needed to be performed just once. If you want, you can perform it at your home prior to leaving. However, make sure that you don’t change the name of the hotspot.
Therefore, after you reach the hotel room, you just need to plug the Chromecast into the TV, turn on the hotspot by connecting the Wi-Fi network that is available and you will be able to use Chromecast without any issue.