We provide support for issues related to Chromecast setup on Mac, iPhone and iPad. The steps mentioned above will help you in configuring Chromecast on Mac. If you find any problem in performing the steps, then call us at our toll-free support number.
First of all, you need to unpack the Chromecast box in order to set up on Mac. In the Chromecast box, you will find the following items.
- Chromecast Dongle.
- Power supply.
- USB cable Type A and B.
- Extension cable for HDMI connection.
How to get started?
- Plug the HDMI based Chromecast dongle into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Plug USB connector into the Chromecast stick.
- Type A USB should be connected to the USB port of TV. If your TV doesn’t have a USB port, then you can connect it to the power adapter and the adapter to the power socket.
- If you find the access issues on your Chromecast dongle, then you can make use of HDMI extension cable and connect the dongle to the TV through it. It will give some room to the dongle.
- Turn on the TV and switch to that HDMI port to which the Chromecast is connected. You need to select the corresponding channel from the TV remote.
How to setup Chromecast on Mac?
Once the device gets physically connected, you need to setup Chromecast manually. In order to start casting content, you need to connect Chromecast Setup Mac to the Wi-Fi network available at home. The internet connection is required for communication with the smartphone or the connected device like a tablet or Mac.
- Software setup: Open your chrome browser and enter www Chromecast setup.
- Click on download option to download Chromecast dmg.
- Install Chromecast app normally on your device.
- Click to agree to the terms and conditions of the website.
- The app will now start searching for the available Chromecast devices.
Note: It must be remembered that the Chromecast and the Mac must be connected to the same network. If your Chromecast is connecting to the 2.5 GHz band and the Mac is connected to the 5GHz network, then your Chromecast wont connect to the Mac. Once the device is detected by the Chromecast, you can click on the blue icon to start setup.
You will find a message displaying ‘Chromecast is ready for setup’. Click to continue.
To continue setup, it is required to select the origin and location from where you are setting up the Chromecast. The device will then find the Chromecast.
Now, your TV screen will display the activation code and the same will be displayed on the device screen on which the Chromecast app is installed. If no code is being displayed, then it means the wrong input channel is selected on the TV.
You will be asked to select the Wi-Fi connection. Enter the SSID and password for the same. Here, you will be prompted to change the name of Chromecast. Set it according to your choice. Once the setup gets completed you will find confirmation message on the screen and do perform Chromecast update. You need to enable Chromecast extension on Chrome browser installed in Mac.