We provide help and support for Google Chromecast, so if you are using this device and want to know to set it up on your iPhone, then you can log onto Cromecast setup website, or you can call us at our toll-free number.
To be able to stream anything through Chromecast, you must install the Google Cast app on your mobile device, which could be an Android or iOS device. Today, the focus will be on Chromecast setup iPhone, so if you are using an iPhone and want to use it as a source to stream content to the TV through Chromecast, then read on.
Google Chromecast setup on iPhone:
The process of setting up Chromecast on iPhone is pretty straightforward, so let’s just go through the process without any further ado:
- Plug in your Google Chromecast into one of the many HDMI ports of your TV.
- Now, make use of your TV remote in order to change the input of the TV to the correct HDMI port, i.e., the port in which you’ve plugged in the Chromecast.
- Download ‘Google Home’ app now on your iPhone by going to www Google com Chromecast setup.
Note: Keep in mind to install the latest version of the app on your iPhone.
- Once the app is downloaded on the phone, you need to launch it and tap ‘Accept’ to ‘Terms & Conditions’ of Google Home app.
- Now you need to tap ‘Devices’ option that is given on the top-right corner of the screen.
- After tapping on ‘Devices’, you may be asked by the app to provide you the location of the device to which, you will have to tap ‘Allow’.
- You are going to see your Chromecast on the next screen, so tap ‘Setup link’ to begin with the setup process of Chromecast.
Note: If you can’t see Chromecast, then you need to check if the Bluetooth option is turned on or not. If it is not, then you need to turn it on and also connect the iPhone to the Chromecast’s Wi-Fi hotspot.
- On the next screen, you need to tap ‘Continue’.
- Your iPhone is going to try to connect to Chromecast, so tap ‘Continue’ again after your device establishes a connection with Google Chromecast. If the connection can’t be established, then move the device closer to the Chromecast and tap ‘Try’ again.
- You are going to see a code on the TV screen as well as on your iPhone. If both codes are same, then tap ‘I see the code’ option.
- Select your ‘country’ on the next screen and then, tap ‘Continue’.
- Give a new name of your Chromecast and then, tap ‘Continue’.
- You will be prompted whether you wish to send Chromecast usage data along with crash reports to Google. The option of enabling ‘Guest Mode’ will also appear on this particular screen.
- The next screen you see, you will have to select your ‘Wi-Fi network’ followed by entering the password of your Wi-Fi network and then, tapping on ‘Continue’.
- Now, you will have to sign into your Google account to link the device with Google account.
- You will now see the option named ‘Learn to Cast’, which you will have to tap in order to learn more about how to cast videos.
If you come across any issue, you can take the assistance of Chromecast support facility.