We offer the most reliable support for Chromecast, so if you want to know how to perform Chromecast setup or connect to PC, then you can log onto Cromecast com setup website or call us at our toll-free tech support number.
After buying Google Chromecast, one of the important questions that cross the minds of people is how to perform Chromecast support or connect Chromecast to PC. The process of connecting Chromecast to PC is quite easy, despite the fact that there is a long series of steps to follow.
What are the requirements to setup Chromecast on Windows 10 PC?
Although, setting up Chromecast on any device is quite easy, but when it comes to Windows 10 PC, it becomes a whole lot easier. There are a few things that you need, which are:
- Google Chromecast.
- Windows 10 PC.
- Google Chrome web browser installed on the PC.
If you have all these things available and in working mode, then you need to plug the Chromecast device to the TV followed by beginning with the steps to set up Chromecast on your Windows 10 PC.
Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 PC:
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to setup Chromecast on Windows 10 PC:
- Connect Google Chromecast into the HDMI port of the TV with the USB end of Chromecast inserted into the USB power adapter.
- Now, you need to use the remote control of your TV to select the right input in order to make Chromecast show on the TV to move ahead with the steps. By input I mean, HDMI 1 or HDMI 2.
- This sums up the setup process on the TV, so now, you need to perform the setup process on Windows 10 PC.
- For that, go to google.com/chrome to download and install the Google Chrome browser on the PC in case you are not already using the same browser.
- Open Google Chrome browser on the PC and then go to chromecast com setup.
- On the Chrome browser setup screen, click on the option named ‘set up Chromecast’ using the right link.
- You will now be asked to agree to the privacy terms and other formalities. Click ‘Accept’ button.
- After you accept the terms, the webpage is going to begin searching for the available Chromecast devices that are connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Note: If your PC is not able to find the right Chromecast device, then change the Wi-Fi network on the PC from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz or vice-versa.
- Click on ‘Set me up’ button on the next screen.
- Click on ‘Wi-Fi icon’ that is located at the right side of the taskbar of the PC followed by clicking on Chromecast’s open Wi-Fi network.
- After that, you need to click ‘Next’, then click ‘Yes’ arrow and if you see the code appearing on the screen of your PC, then check whether it is matching with the code given on the bottom right side of the TV.
- You will be asked to enter a name for Chromecast on the next screen. Enter any name of your choice followed by clicking on ‘Looks Good’.
- You will be asked to confirm your Wi-Fi settings, so select your Wi-Fi network, enter its password and click ‘Connect’.
- Chromecast is going to display ‘Ready to cast’ screen.
You can now cast anything on your TV using Chromecast through your Windows 10 PC. If you come across any difficulties, then you can take help of Chromecast help and support facility.