There are number of problems that may prevent your Chromecast from casting on TV through Chrome. If you are unable to find your Chromecast, TV with Chromecast built-in, Chromecast built-in speaker, then follow the steps mentioned here as under
Troubleshooting tips: First of all, you need to fix the problem by filling the troubleshooter form on Chromecast page. This will help in solving different casting issues. Furthermore, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Check whether Chromecast is properly configured or not. If your Chromecast or built-in Chromecast is properly setup on the casting device and is connected to the right Wi-Fi network, then you will find the device on the TV screen displaying current time and date as well as your personal information.
- Try Google home app for casting the content: If you are unable to cast content from Google home app, then you may require setup. For this, turn on Bluetooth of your iOS or android phone.
- Turn on 2.4 GHz frequency for Chromecast device. For your information, we want to mention here that Chromecast support 2.4 GHz wifi 802.11 networks and 5 GHz networks. You will find both the frequencies during setup. If you are using dual band router, then disable AP. If you are casting through computer or laptop, then it support 5 GHz band for maximize performance.
- Check operating system: There are some operating systems that doesn’t support the Chromecast device. If you have installed some applications that conflict with Chromecast Connect to TV, then troubleshoot according to the instructions given in the guide.
- Do you able to cast content from other devices successfully? If you are not able to cast the content from other devices, then follow the steps mentioned here as follows:
- Try restarting your Wi-Fi router by unplugging and plugging the power source.
- You must ensure that your device and Chromecast is connected to the same network. Once you reboot the Chromecast device, you will find the name of the device appearing on the TV screen that matches with the one displaying on mobile, tablet or computer.
- If you are able to cast the content from other devices, then it means there is problem with the computer or chrome.
- Ensure that the computer and the Chromecast is connected to the same network.
- Update your chrome browser if any new update is available. To check the version of chrome, you need to go to ‘Search bar’ and enter ‘Update’. If you find update your chrome browser option on the screen, then update it.
- Disconnect VPN servers if connected any to the device. Sometimes, Chromecast Setup wifi and it is difficult to communicate with the devices that are connected to the VPN network. For any help or support, contact Chromecast support team.
- Ensure Firewall and Antivirus software is not preventing the Chromecast from casting. If the software needs to be updated then update it. If you are using a wireless router, then contact internet provider for support. If you have recently purchased the router, then configure the settings properly.
- Additional steps: If you find the above mentioned steps doesn’t work for you, then you can try rebooting the network devices, Chromecast and computer by first disconnecting them from power supply and connect them again Chromecast Setup Computer