There is an application called Showbox for those of you who have an Android smartphone or device. With the Showbox app, you can watch movies and TV for free. The only caveat is that you have to go to the Showbox website and get the APK file. It is not available for download from the Google Play Store.
Enable third-party applications
You must allow your Android smartphone or device to install third-party applications. This way, you can install APKs that are not available in the Google Play Store.
- Drag the shadow down on the top of your Android device. Then go to the settings by tapping the gear icon.
- Then, under Personal, tap Lock screen and security. Swipe up the screen until you see Unknown Sources. Toggle the button from Off to On. You are warned that this could be harmful to your phone or device. Just tap OK.
You now have the right to get and install APK files directly from a source. Next, we get the Showbox APK file and install it.
Get the Showbox APK
Go to the Showbox website on your Android smartphone or Android device. Then navigate the page down.
- Go to the big red button that downloads Showbox APK and click on it. Then you are on the APK download page.
- You can also just click Showbox-APK in the menu at the top of the Showbox home page, which will take you to the same place when you tap “Showbox-APK”.
The latest version of Showbox at the time of this writing is 4.82. If you get version 4.82, it supports music streaming. But be careful as it is still in beta mode.
- Next, tap the version you want. I go with the current 4.82. You will receive a message that this file type could harm your device.
- Just tap the “OK” button at the bottom right of your Android screen. The download is fairly quick and lets you know that it is downloading at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to your downloads by swiping down on your Android smartphone or the top screen of your device. Then select the Showbox APK to install it.
- Then the show box installation process begins by tapping Install at the bottom right of your Android screen.
- Give it a minute or there and the Showbox app will be installed on your device.
- Tap Open on the bottom right of your Android display to run it.
The new version can be downloaded from the server when the Showbox app is opened. Just tap update and the Showbox application updates itself.
Then the Showbox installer will open as before. You will be asked if you want to upgrade to the existing application. Tap Install in the bottom right corner of your Android smartphone or device.
Now you have the latest version of Showbox installed on your Android smartphone. It will be listed in your apps drawer.
You can access it faster by moving it to your home screen. When you open the Showbox app, the home page is displayed and shows you what is shown.
Tapping the three horizontal lines at the top left of the Showbox app will bring up a menu of categories that you can view.
Use Showbox with Chromecast
Since you have installed the Showbox application on your Android smartphone, you can get even more out of the app. Use your Google Chromecast to stream movies and shows directly from the Showbox app to your TV.
It sounds like a great idea for us, so we’ll show you how to do it.
- First, go to the Google Play Store. Then enter AllCast in the search bar. If you haven’t already installed AllCast on your Android smartphone or device, install it. With AllCast, you can stream Showbox on your Google Chromecast device to your TV.
- Next, open the Showbox app on your Android smartphone. Then choose what you want to see and tap on it.
- Then tap the three dots to the right of the video resolution under the movie or show title.
- Go to the box above that says, ‘You can use your favorite player. Tap the other player in the player selection box.
- Then tap Watch Now in the Showbox app that opens AllCast. In the player list, tap your Google Chromecast receiver.
- Your Chromecast will start to broadcast your selected Showbox movie or show it to your TV. You can control everything directly in the AllCast app for viewing.
There you go. Now you can play the Showbox app directly on your Google Chromecast device. Enjoy!