We provide help and support for Google Chromecast, so if you are looking to update your Chromecast, but don’t know how to do so, then you can take help of our Chromecast tech support facility. For that, you will have to call us at our toll-free Chromecast tech support number.
Chromecast is Google’s effort to bring a sleek, stylish streaming device in front of the entire world. Google Chromecast has been available on the market for quite some time now. The device has done fine when it comes to sales, which is why Google is holding onto it. Google has unveiled new versions of the product along with new updates as well, which shows that Google has a positive outlook on Google Chromecast.
Now, Google Chromecast just like any other device has certain limitations, which are informed to the company by its users. When Google receives the feedbacks regarding Google Chromecast, it begins working on the issues that users have raised in their complaints. While some issues can only be fixed by launching new hardware, most issues are resolved in software updates. This is why software updates are extremely important in Google Chromecast.
Now that you know the importance of updates in Google Chromecast, I’m sure you will be interested in knowing how to update your Chromecast.
Google has made an arrangement that doesn’t allow any human intervention for updating the device. Google Chromecast can be updated on its own as part of the Chromecast setup process. Moreover, the company also emphasizes updating the device to the most recent version in order to enjoy the latest and greatest features that are available on the platform.
Note: During the update, Chromecast will be unable to cast, so don’t even try to cast anything as it won’t happen. Wait until the Chromecast update process is finished before casting anything.
If you don’t know what to expect during the update, then here are some of the crucial points.
- If you have installed the Google Home app, then it will provide an indication of the setup progress.
- You can easily check the status of the update on your TV screen.
- You can make use of the LED provided on the side of the device to verify if the update is still being received or not.
- The update is going to take up to 10 minutes, but if it takes more time, then you must check the LED status in order to ensure if the update is being received or not. If you see a pulsing red light, then the update is being received.
- If required, you will have to reboot the device by unplugging it from the power source, then waiting for 60 seconds before plugging the device back into the port.
If you are still seeing the problem, then you will have to perform factory data reset on the device. To know more about how to perform factory data reset, you will have to log onto www Chromecast com setup link. Once the device has been reset to factory settings, you should try to set it up again. However, this time around, make sure that the internet is working on a 2.4 GHz network and not 5 GHz.