We provide help and support for Google Chromecast, so if you are using this device but not able to connect it to the internet, then you can either log onto Cromecast com setup website or call us at our toll-free number.
In case, you are using two Wi-Fi networks due to any reason and want to change the network on your Chromecast, then you will find all the information in this guide.
You need to make sure that you are able to access both Wi-Fi networks. If you don’t have access to an old network, then you will have to reset your Google Chromecast. If you find that Chromecast wont connect to Wifi, then you will have to take help of Chromecast support
Google Chromecast can only remember a single network at a time, so if you change the Wi-Fi network on Chromecast, then the information of the previous network will be deleted from Chromecast.
Google Chromecast can only be accessed on 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, but it has been found that PCs or mobile devices work on 5 GHz network or Ethernet in a proper manner. But, those can also be connected to Chromecast, given that those devices and Chromecast are connected to the same router.
In order to switch or change Google Chromecast’s Wi-Fi network, you will need:
- Two or more Wi-Fi networks in the same location.
- Mobile devices that can access both networks.
- Chromecast that can access both Wi-Fi networks (2.4G only).
- Mobile devices with Chromecast app installed.
Turn on your Chromecast
The process of changing the Wi-Fi network on Chromecast begins with checking whether Chromecast is on the same network as other devices.
If you don’t want to see the changes on your TV, then you don’t have to turn it on.
Start Chromecast app on mobile device
- In order to manage your Wi-Fi network for Chromecast from your smartphone or tablet, you will have to launch Chromecast app on the same.
- After the app is launched, your smartphone or tablet is going to search for any Chromecast device that is available on the same network and in the range.
- In case the Chromecast has been found by the app, then it will be listed on the device.
Connect your mobile device to Chromecast
On the devices page, you need to tap ‘Chromecast device’ in order to connect mobile device to that particular Chromecast device.
Once your mobile device is connected to the Chromecast, then you will have to perform Chromecast setup, steps of which are as below:
- Enter the name of the device.
- Select the Wi-Fi network.
- Select your time zone.
With this, your device is going to be connected to that Wi-Fi network.
Change Chromecast Wi-Fi network
- In order to change the Wi-Fi network on Chromecast, tap that Network. With this, a popup window is going to show up with details about your current network.
- Tap that Wi-Fi network info and you are going to see the list of Wi-Fi networks in range.
- Tap a new Wi-Fi network that you want your device to connect.
- Enter the password for that network.
- Tap ‘OK’ to change Wi-Fi network on Chromecast.
- You will get a warning message if your mobile device and Chromecast are not on the same network. Tap ‘OK’ to that message and you will see that Chromecast app on the mobile device is going to switch to the Wi-Fi network on the mobile device automatically.
- In case the password of the new network is not saved on your mobile devices, then the connection is going to fail. You can manually change the Wi-Fi network on the mobile device as well.
- Once you’ve tapped ‘OK’, Chromecast is going to try to connect to the new Wi-Fi network. Tap ‘Finish’ to change the Wi-Fi network on Chromecast.
Connect your mobile device to the network
Once your Chromecast and mobile device are connected to the new Wi-Fi network successfully, then you will be able to see your Chromecast on the screen of your mobile device.